16 HABITS OF MIND
(Use your mind to its fullest)
1. Persist: Remain focused and complete tasks.
2. Manage Impulsivity: Take time to think though ideas and actions.
3. Listen with Understanding and Empathy: Respect another person's point of view and feelings.
4. Think Flexibly: Generate alternatives and weigh up the options.
5. Think about Thinking: Be aware of own thoughts, feelings, intentions and actions.
6. Strive for Accuracy: Check for errors and develop a desire for exactness
7. Question: Develop a questioning attitude.
8. Apply Past Knowledge to New Situations: Use what is learned.
9. Think and Communicate Clearly: Strive to be clear and accurate when speaking and writing
10. Gather Data through All Senses: Stop to observe what I see; Listen to what I hear; Take note of what I
smell; Taste what I am eating; Feel what I am touching.
11. Create, Imagine, Innovate: Think about how something might be done differently.
12. Respond with Wonderment and Awe: Be intrigued.
13. Take Responsible Risks: Be willing to try something new and different.
14. Find the Humour: Be willing to laugh appropriately.
15. Think Interdependently: Work with others and be prepared to compromise.
16. Remain Open to Continuous Learning: Welcome new information on all subjects.